Wednesday 28 March 2007

From Russia with love


After long research I finally came across a very interesting blog of an American guy staying in Russia: http://my-russia-blog.blogspot.com/. Somehow I couldn't find anything for a long time, maybe apart from a crazy half Afro-American family with two sons which decided to preach the word of God in Russia;) This makes me think that Americans don't fit Russia at all. They must be either crazy, or unpatriotic (the everlasting competition between the U.S. and Russia for the control over the world), or... unimagenably romantic (to fall in love with this treasury of the BEST literature in the world).
Anyway, the guy I found teaches English in Vladimir, one of the towns of the Golden Ring, a group of the oldest and most picturesque towns around Moscow. He seems to have a lot of fun there, beeing surrounded by other American teachers. Funnily enough he doesn't mention any unpleasant events which would normally be the main topic of a conversation about Russia. Well, I have to admit I haven't read all his entries yet, but so far so good.
What is more, his blog is a mixture of describing different trips he makes with his friends and a general note on the society and the state of affairs in contemporary Russia. I'll write more on that in the near future.
By the way, I really feel poeple are sometimes ignorant, namely one girl in the English Business class claimed today that Russia's economy in controlled economy! Please, if you're not sure what you're talking about, better say nothing! Perestroika was introduced over 20 years ago! It's not true any more that you can't get essential consumer goods at shops. The companies aren't controlled by the state neither. My request to some poeple is now and then: don't be illiterate, but take a book and improve your knowledge before you express such nonsense.

No comments: