Wednesday 18 April 2007

Audio books

I tried my best to find some interesting links on http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/ATALL/Input. After all I’m a bit disappointed, because I hoped I’d be more successful on audio books, which was my focus. Have you ever thought of advantages of having a book read to you? You could do more things at one time, I mean e.g. both ironing or cleaning your windows and listening? Well, unfortunately I haven’t found any free rich source in the Internet. The only one with decent sound quality and some choice is http://librivox.org/ . The variety of books ranges from Plato and Nietzsche to Wilde and Tolstoy. They are divided into chapters and can be downloaded as well. Honestly, I haven’t noticed any contemporary literature, but after all I’m pleased I’ll be finally able to listen to my favourite novel, the best writing of all times, namely “The Picture of Dorian Gray”.

2 comments:

Hugh McGuire said...

the problem is copyright ... on librivox we can only publish books that in the public domain=out of copyright=published before 1923.

natalia_z said...

Thanks for your exlpanation!